Last year Microsoft announced it would give students free access to Office 365 (O365) through its Student Advantage program. Now the software giant is extending these benefits to school faculty and staff, and revealing a self-enrollment model that makes it even faster and easier for all parties to take advantage of these benefits.
Effective Dec. 1, 2014, any educational institution purchasing Office for its faculty and staff can now include an O365 Professional Plus (ProPlus) subscription at no extra cost for all students, faculty, and staff. Anyone with an active school-specific email address from eligible schools can sign up and install the following versions of Microsoft Office on up to five machines and five tablets of their choice:
- Office 2013 Professional Plus
- Office 2011 for Mac (and the new Office for Mac when it comes out next year)
- Outlook for Mac (next generation)
- Office for iPad (full featured)
- Office for iPhone (full featured)
- Office for Android tablet (when available)