Adobe Acrobat DC prices are rising. Here’s what you need to know.
For years, Adobe Acrobat DC customers have benefited from a plethora of advancements in the form of new features and hundreds of fresh updates.
They’ve enjoyed everything from Office 365 integration, mobility integration, and online review service to Adobe Sign integration, Adobe Scan integration, and Acrobat DC Home. These are just a few of the many innovations.
Now, in the wake of these updates, Adobe is adjusting its prices for Acrobat DC on VIP for Teams. On Feb. 12, 2019, Acrobat Standard will increase from $12.99 MSRP per month to $14.99 MSRP per month. At the same time, Acrobat Pro will increase from $14.99 MSRP per month to $16.99 MSRP per month.
That said, you have several options for how to proceed, depending on your situation. Let’s take a closer look at who’s affected and what you should be doing now.
Who is affected by the Acrobat DC price increase?
The global price increase applies to net new licenses and renewal licenses across all segments, including commercial, government, education, and non-profit.
There are two exceptions:
- There will not be a price increase on Acrobat DC on VIP for Enterprise or perpetual (TLP/CLP).
- Existing VIP 3-year commit agreements will maintain their current price until the expiration of their 3-year commit contract.
What can you do to avoid the price increase?
There are two scenarios in which you can avoid the Acrobat DC price increase:
- Your VIP anniversary date is between Dec. 2, 2018 and March 10, 2019. If your VIP anniversary falls between these dates, you should process your renewal no later than Feb. 11. A VIP renewal can be processed with Adobe up to 30 days prior to the VIP anniversary date.
- You enroll in 3-year commit no later than Feb. 11. If you have at least 10 licenses in your VIP agreement, you qualify for VIP Select and are able to enroll in VIP 3-year commit. Enroll in VIP 3-year commit before Feb. 11, and you don’t have to pay the price increase.
What are the benefits of 3-year commit?
There are a variety of benefits to enrolling in 3-year commit, including:
- Increased discounts on all purchases for commercial and government customers
- Annual payments
- Pricing commitment from Adobe, including the discount level. This cannot be changed during your 3-year commit term, and applies to the standard pricing of all products available on a price list at the time of acceptance, even those you may not have purchased.
- Adobe commits a set price to its direct channel partner, if the purchase is through a reseller.
- Flexible licensing: Upon accepting a 3-year commit, you agree to maintain the quantity of licenses you purchased at signing throughout the 3-year term. You may increase license quantity incrementally, but you’re only required to maintain the minimum committed quantity.
The date for Acrobat DC price increases is fast approaching. Now’s the time to act.
If you have any questions about the Acrobat DC pricing change, 3-year commits, or how you should proceed next, contact your SHI account executive.