SHI’s robust growth continued in Q1 with $1.7 billion in revenue – a 13 percent year-over-year increase. Revenue increased sharply across all divisions and geographies, and was strong among long-term and emerging partners alike.
Consider these stats:
- Corporate and SMB division revenue climbed 24 percent.
- Commercial and Strategic Enterprise division revenue grew 13 percent.
- The U.K. office saw 24 percent revenue growth.
- SHI’s Microsoft Azure revenue soared 147 percent quarter over quarter.
- SHI’s AWS revenue jumped 112 percent year over year.
Increased customer demand for help in deploying and managing public cloud assets caused SHI to reanalyze and augment the types and levels of support we provide customers in our cloud offerings. So this quarter we launched an AWS Support Services program that delivers additional consultative and direct helpdesk support to customers tasked with managing the technical, financial, and corporate governance aspects of AWS and, as the year progresses, other cloud technologies, including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
For more information on SHI’s Q1 financial results, our new AWS Support Services program, and thoughts from CEO Thai Lee, read our official press release.